Women Against Donna Reed Syndrome
Hope for the terminally disorganized.
WADeRS is a Thirteen Step Recovery Program devoted to helping women
worldwide recover from the damage resulting from years of watching perfect women lead
perfect lives on television.
Named for that celluloid nemesis, Donna Reed, WADeRS seeks to free women from
the bondage of cleaning house, doing the dishes, ironing and other menial chores.
on Donna, you may have done all of the above in heels and hose on screen, but you only
had to keep it up for 25 minutes a week plus you had help with your hair, makeup and
The Thirteen Steps of WADeRS
- We have admitted that our homes will never be clean and organized. That we will
never look as good as we did in our wedding photos and that no amount of diet and
exercise will ever return us to our pre-childbearing figure.
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God and the care of
our homes to a cleaning professional.
- Made a searching and fearless inventory of ourselves and our homes and returned to
- Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact condition of
our homes and lives.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove these defects of character and realize that
this process will probably take more than the 23 minutes it takes on television.
- Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings or at least send a cleaning lady for
- Made a list of all items we have lost to the clutter in our homes and became willing to
admit they were lost forever.
- Made a list of all children we have lost in the clutter of our homes and admitted to
the IRS that we lost the children years ago and therefore, need to re-file for those years.
- To find all children and items when possible.
- Sought through prayer and medication to improve our conscious contact with God.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this
message to all women bound by the unrealistic expectations placed upon us by the media.
- Darn! Where is that thirteenth step. I know it was around here someplace......
This page updated July 26, 1996
Many thanks to the devoted vassals of WADeRS Gary and Ed!